Sunday, October 7, 2012

Songs That Inspire Me

I like to believe that I am a very versatile and well-rounded individual, but only when it come to certain things:  My beliefs, my clothes, and my music; just to name a few. 

I enjoy all types of music of different genres.  I believe that all artists have their own ways of expressing themselves, whether it be through words or composing.  What better way is there to get your thoughts and emotions out in the open?  Some people like to write poems, some like to draw, or even paint to express themselves.  Well, since I am not a writer, artist, or composer; I kind of just like listening to music that relates to whatever is on my mind.

Music, believe it or not, can influence people as well as their moods, thoughts, and actions.  Music tells a story, it sets the tone, it makes you dance, it makes you mad, and it can even depress or embarrass you.  I can remember a time that I was around some of my family and I just so happened to turn the radio on (after loaning my car to someone) and there was a song playing on the cd that I would have never wanted my mother to hear.  IT WAS SO EMBARRASSING!  I turned beet red and flipped the switch of the radio to "off" immediately.  Just like this blog, everyone has access to it and it would be nice to hear something powerful and inspiring.

Gospel music sets the tone for any audience (lol, but not a joke).  It doesn't matter- you can't go wrong with Jesus.  I also just love, love, LOVE a good love song.  Even if your choice of music is rap, hip-hop, rock, blues, etc.; whatever it is, it's all good.

There is nothing better than listening to good music that you can sing and relate to, cook a meal to, take a soothing bath to, and do some meditating.  I would hope that all listeners take heed to what they are listening to and observe themselves while listening to see what musics does for them and what impact it has on their individual lives.

2 comments:

  1. Nice start on your blog. I look forward to more posts in the coming weeks. Be creative with your blog. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I love all kind of music; especially, Gospel music. I feel that what ever I'm going through, Gospel music has a way of lifting me up.

    ReplyDelete